History

churchsketch

 

The original Methodist Church located at the corner of Pine and Freedley Streets was dedicated in 1920. It was named the Oak Street Memorial Methodist Episcopal Church, in honor of Bishop Francis Asbury, the first Methodist bishop in America. The facility was enlarged in 1955-1956 with a new sanctuary and portions of the old church were remodeled into classrooms. Asbury is a friendly church with a proud past and a growing future as it ministers to the congregation and to the larger community.

 

 

© 2018 Asbury United Methodist Church
Connected Sound - Websites for the Barbershop Community